DISABILITY AND COVID-19
ACTIVITIES AROUND : DISABILITIES AND COVID-19
In an effort to assist in flattening the COVID-19 infection Curve.UDPK Together with Disabled Persons Organizations and other partners we have been engaged in number of activities aimed at helping to fight the spread of the covid-19 disease in the county,especially among vulnerable people,including persons with disabilities.
Some Activities we have been engaged in to this end ,include:
- IEC Material (Information,Educational and communication) Development and distribution
- Covid-19 Regular Updating
- Data collection
- Deployment of Customized SMS Portal
- Engagement with DPOs and Partners
- Dedicated web-page deployment and updating.
DISABILITIES AND COVID-19
- IEC Material (Information,Educational and communication) Development and distribution-We have been developing and distributing IEC Materials with targeted messaging to the persons with disabilities,their care givers,communities and and Disabled persons organizations.
- Regularly Updating on what is happening around covid-19 and disability.Through communication channels including social media,website and phones.
- Engaged in collection of Disability related data and the impact of covid-19 on their livelihood and social life.
- Contentious engagement and collaboration with our partners and DPOs as we fight to contain the pandemic.
- Deployment of accessible dedicated web-page to collect and distribute covid-19 related information.
- Deployment of off-line communication method Using Customized SMS portal to message persons without the Smart phones