WOMEN WITH DISABILITIES INITIATIVE
LAIKIPIA COUNTY WOMEN WITH DISABILITIES AND COVID-19
In an effort to assist in flattening the COVID-19 infection Curve.UDPK Together with Disabled Persons Organizations in Laikipia County set out to empower women with disabilities in the area with skills on how to
- make sanitizers and soap using locally available materials
- set up accessible hand washing stands
- sensitize area people on importance of maintainig basic hygine.
Hand Washing Stands
There are some key consideration to be put in mind when setting up a temporal hand washing stands in order to meet the accessibility need:
- LOCATION-This is where the washing stand is placed.is it placed in place where anyone can access with reasonable time frame and effort.-is is on flat ground or stairs-is is on higher level place or lower level place among other location factors
- MANUFACTURED-how is the hand washing stand made.is it made in such a way that it can be accessed by ALL including persons with disabilities and children.Is it too tall or too much high -is it too low to be reached by some section of the society.
Setting up some temporal hand washing stands at laikipia county in nayuku town area: